Sunday, July 11, 2010

Newest Design

Spent most of yesterday plotting out my next design, and I think I have it almost finished. I had a lot of fun plotting this one out and deciding where things will go and why. I had to do some on the fly re-arranging of some of the elements, but overall, I am pleased with the way it turned out. It's a monochrome sampler, so no worrying about color changes, yay! I've already picked out my fabric and floss for this sampler. It's a 28 Count Cashel linen by Picture This Plus Fabric in Huntress and Access Commodities Soie d'Alger in Mode. Here's a picture of the fabric and floss:

071110  A Crown Sampler 004

I saw the fabric and floss at Stitcher's Paradise and I knew at once what I would be stitching with it. Funny how that works out sometimes! :)

This time, I would like to have it stitched up BEFORE I release it to the public. This should cut down on the number of mistakes, so I can catch them before hand. No point in closing the barn door after the horse has done run out, yea? :)

Well, at any rate, I need to bolt for the door. Need to do some more cleaning and putting together of projects. Hope everyone is having a good weekend! :)


Respectfully submitted,


Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Link for Chart

Kelly, who is the rockingest chick on the planet, has updated the chart to correct the errors that I found when I was designing the chart.

You rule, Mrs. Kelly! :D

If you would like the updated version, it is here:



Respectfully submitted,


Adventures In Designing

Finally finished stitching up my own work last night. I needed to fill in the border that I had made for it, and in doing so, I found a couple of things that needed to be changed. Just a couple of tiny OOPSIE! It's inevitable I suppose. I got mad at myself because it wasn't perfect right out of the gate, but then again, I thought of all the designers where I had to write down corrections to patterns I have and then I didn't worry too much. I could be in worse company, yea? :)

At any rate, here are the corrections, with my sincerest apologies!

1. Letter T in 'Harvest' should have an extra stitch at the foot. It should look like the letter T in 'First'.

2. Bees are to have a single strand of 938 backstitch for the antennae. I tried last night to put french knots at the top of the antennae, but I am utterly hopeless at them, so I left them off. You can add them if you like, however. :)

3. Fabric used in model is 28 count raw linen.

4. Copyright 2010 Fleur De Luce Designs. You may freely distribute the chart, however, it is NOT to be sold or kitted!

Here is what it looks like when completed:

070710 First Harvest finish 004

Pro Tip Of The Day: When pulling colors for a design, make sure you are using the current line of said floss. When I was stitching this, I used a DMC I found in my collection that looked like this:

070710 First Harvest finish 002

DMC 372 is currently listed as a green color in the current color cards, LOL!

Well, I best be off. Have to do some chores before I can get to work on the next design, a monochrome! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :)


Respectfully submitted,


Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's Here! Woohoo!

Thanks to Kelly over at Thoughts From A Stitcher who had graciously offered to assist me with the charting and converting my design to PDF format, First Harvest is now ready for downloading! :)

Many, many thanks to Kelly and Sandy of SanMan Originals for all of their help and advice. I could not have done this without your help and guidance!

Here is the chart ready for download:

I hope you enjoy and please send me pictures if you stitch it up. I would love to see finishes! :)


Respectfully submitted,